14 Amazing Benefits Of Skipping Exercises For Your Body!!
Of all the childhood memories I have, the most unforgettable is that of games. Among all the games I played, skipping was my favorite. For one, I could play it with my friends or even play all by myself. I remember all the jumping I did with the rope. Those were the days I could load myself with pancakes, fried food and not worry about weight gain at all for the simple reason that skipping was enough to burn it all!
Skipping is no new age trendy exercise. In fact, it has been there for years now. Unfortunately, as we grew up, the rope got lost somewhere in our store room. This article will tell you why the skipping rope must make a comeback in your life.
Let’s check out some of the benefits of skipping exercises or rope jumping.
Benefits Of Skipping Exercise
- It is one of the best cardio and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
- Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s high!). Thats an effective way to melt your fat, right?
- Skipping exercise burns more calories in comparison to running. Besides, you need not go outdoors as skipping can be done at any place. What’s more? Bad weather can’t hamper your fitness routine.
- It’s one of the most inexpensive forms of exercise as you can buy a skipping rope for less than Rs 100.
- Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is a body weight exercise.
- It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility. Most of the runners and other athletes jump rope for training.
- It is one of the best exercises for endurance training and conditioning.
- Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing the thighs, shins, and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on the abs and arms.
- It engages and improves the hip-flexor muscles.
- Studies show that skipping exercises put lesser pressure and are less shocking for the joints than running. It is a low-impact exercise when compared to running and therefore a better option.
- Skipping enhances cardiovascular health as it improves the rate of heart beat. It is beneficial for blood pressure patients.
- Skipping can be done by anybody and everybody, from beginners to the advanced levels.
- It is also known to help in improving bone density.
- All that the skipping exercise requires is a jumping rope, which can fit into your purse or handbags and is travel-friendly. So, you will never have to miss your workout. All you need is a rope and an open area to burn calories, and you are good to go.